This is my second PDF Portfolio layout. This layout builds off of Gilles Guillemin’s Flex 4 TimeMachine Layout and should look familiar to anyone using a Mac. It uses large “cards” with plenty of room for a description or instructions for using the associated file. This layout works well with any number of files and will allow you to flip through the pages of PDF files right on the card.
Installation:You can create PDF Portfolios using this layout in Acrobat X but your Portfolios can be opened in Reader 9 and higher. You only need to do these steps once.
- Shut down Acrobat X if it’s running
- Download the “PracticalPDF_ZoomIn.nav” file to your desktop.
- Start Acrobat X and select File -> Create -> PDF Portfolio…
- Click “Import Custom Layout…”
- Locate the “PracticalPDF_ZoomIn.nav” file that you just downloaded
- Either click “Add Files” or “Finish”
The “PracticalPDF ZoomIn” Layout is now added to the list of available layouts for Portfolios.